Looking for the best Sunsama alternative?
If you've ever felt overwhelmed trying to keep your workspace organized and your timeline on track, you're not alone.
It's tough when tools like Sunsama (My Review here), which many of us rely on to plan our day and coordinate with team members, just don't cut it anymore.
I get it; finding the right tool can be a game-changer.
That's why I'm here to promise you a solution. In this article, I'll guide you through the 5 apps like Sunsama that will help you plan your day like a pro.
So, let's dive in and find the perfect fit for you!
What are the Best Sunsama Alternatives?
Here are my 5 best alternatives to Sunsama:
What is Motion?
Motion is an AI calendar app that integrates with your existing calendar, whether Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook 365.
Its interface is designed to be user-friendly, with a quick and guided setup, so you can start organizing your life right away.
It helps you organize your tasks by placing them directly on your schedule. This way, you can see your day at a glance, with work and personal commitments in one place.
Why might you need Motion (My Review here)? If you're struggling to keep track of your daily tasks and feeling overwhelmed, Motion can help by automating the scheduling process.
It prioritizes your tasks and reshuffles them as needed, so if something doesn't get done today, it automatically moves to tomorrow's list.
You can also set up recurring tasks for tasks that need to be done regularly, like weekly meetings or daily reminders.
Motion is particularly useful for those with busy schedules or anyone who wants to streamline their time management and team collaboration without the hassle of manual planning.
One reason that brings Motions to #1 in this list is its great project planning. It has an easy-to-use dashboard where you can see all your tasks and projects.
It automatically schedules your tasks within each project and lets you customize how you see everything to match your workflow needs.
This makes handling lots of tasks and projects way simpler.
Key Benefits of Motion
- Motion simplifies your schedule by putting all your tasks and appointments in one place.
- It automatically plans your day, moving unfinished tasks to the next without you lifting a finger.
- The app reshuffles your tasks when emergencies pop up so you can focus on what's urgent.
- For those with ADHD, Motion organizes and prioritizes your tasks, helping you stay on track.
- It integrates with your work and personal calendars, giving you a full-day view.
- Meeting scheduling is a breeze with Motion, suggesting times based on your availability.
- The app is easy to use, without lengthy setups or training.
- You can organize tasks by project, this project management feature makes it easier to focus on one work area at a time.
Motion has a 7-day free trial, and after that, it starts at $19 per month.
What is Routine?
Routine is a daily planner app that's been catching eyes for its sleek design.
It's more than just a pretty face, though; it combines your to-do list with a calendar so you can see your day's tasks and events all in one spot.
It's handy for anyone who likes to see their week at a glance and drag tasks into specific days to plan ahead.
The app isn't just about scheduling; it's got a spot for notes and checklists, too. You can jot down anything from movies you want to watch to work tasks, and even give them dates so they pop up in your planner when it's time.
One of the coolest things about Routine is its quick capture feature. With a simple keyboard shortcut, you can add new tasks or notes without digging through the app.
Routine is still pretty new, so they're working out the kinks, like a bit of lag here and there.
But for anyone looking for a visual planner that goes beyond the basics, it's definitely worth a look. It's got the potential to be a solid player in the daily planner app game.
Key Benefits of Routine
Here's what makes Routine stand out:
- It's visually appealing, making planning less of a chore and more of a pleasant experience.
- You can see your week at a glance and drag tasks into specific days, helping you organize your time efficiently.
- It connects with Google Calendar, so you can see all your events and tasks in one spot – great for those who like to block out their calendar.
- There's an inbox for tasks that aren't scheduled yet, keeping everything you need to do in one accessible place.
- The planner feature lets you look further ahead, so you can plan for the future without getting overwhelmed.
- Pages within Routine act like notes, allowing you to create checklists or jot down ideas that you can later assign dates to, integrating them into your schedule.
The app's quick capture shortcut is a real-time saver, letting you add tasks or events without having to navigate through the app.
Routine is still in its early stages, so while it's not as established as some other to-do list apps, it's mature enough to be taken seriously and could be a great asset for organizing your daily life.
Routine offers a free plan, but plans start at $19, a great deal for those who need more advanced features and tools for efficient task management.
What is to ToDoist?
Todoist is a task management tool that's been around for a while, and it's got a pretty solid reputation.
It's the kind of app anyone can pick up and use, whether you're someone's mother-in-law or a super busy professional.
It's flexible and user-friendly, which is probably why so many people swear by it.
At its core, Todoist helps you keep track of tasks. You can create projects or lists and view them in different ways, like a board or a list, depending on what you prefer.
It's got subtasks to break down bigger tasks into smaller, more manageable pieces, and it even has new features that let you turn tasks into habits, although some of these are tucked away in the pro account.
Even with the free version, you're not left wanting. You can plan your week with the 'Upcoming' view and get a sense of what your days look like ahead of time.
And if you're into organizing tasks that aren't tied to a specific day, the Kanban board view is super handy for that.
Todoist also comes with something called Karma, which is a fun way to track your productivity. It gives you points for completing tasks and helps you see how you do over time.
Key Benefits of Routine
- Todoist is super user-friendly. Whether you're a tech whiz or not so much, you'll find it a breeze to use.
- It's great at keeping all your tasks and projects organized. You won't have to worry about forgetting anything.
- You can view your tasks on a list or board—whatever works best for you.
- You can break tasks down into smaller steps and add cool extensions for extra features.
- Planning your week is easy with Todoist. It helps you see what's next, even if you haven't set a specific date for everything.
- The Karma system makes managing tasks fun. It's like a game where you earn points for being productive.
- You can use it on your phone, tablet, or computer. It's handy for staying on top of your tasks wherever you are.
Todoist offers a beginner ($0), a pro ($4), and a business plan ($6), depending on your needs.
What is Akiflow?
Akiflow is an all-in-one to-do list app that streamlines your scattered tasks, calendar events, and emails into one unified space.
No more app-hopping; Akiflow brings tasks from Todoist, ClickUp, and your inbox together, so you can see everything in one glance.
The app is a breeze to navigate, with your tasks neatly lined up on one side and your weekly calendar spread out on the other.
Simply drag and drop tasks into your calendar to allocate time for each, turning it into an ideal setup for anyone who thrives on time blocking.
Plus, Akiflow also syncs with your calendars, pulling in all your appointments next to your tasks. If plans shift, reshuffling your schedule is as easy as dragging and dropping.
Perfect for multitaskers and those managing various projects, Akiflow helps you categorize and track your work efficiently.
Key Benefits of Akiflow
- Akiflow combines your to-do lists and calendar in one place.
- You can bring tasks from other apps like Todoist, ClickUp, Gmail, etc., into Akiflow. This makes it easy to keep track of everything in one spot.
- Akiflow lets you integrate and sync with your preferred calendars, showing all your events in one view.
- Each task in Akiflow can have a deadline, description, and custom labels for better organization.
- Sync with a variety of apps like Google Calendar, Notion, and others to keep everything updated.
- Set goals and priorities for your tasks, helping you focus on what's important.
- Easily share your available times for meetings, saving the hassle of back-and-forth emails.
- Ideal for those managing multiple projects or clients, keeping all tasks in one organized place.
Akiflow has a 7-day free trial, and after that, it starts at $4.16 per month.
What is Reclaim.ai?
Reclaim.ai (Review here) is a scheduling app that uses automation to make planning easier for teams.
It connects to your Google Calendar and automatically finds the best times for meetings, tasks, and breaks.
With Reclaim, you don't have to stress about scheduling; it does it all for you, including adjusting meeting times and managing one-on-one meetings smartly. I
It's super helpful for any team, like product, sales, or marketing, helping to balance work and personal time by limiting work hours and scheduling breaks.
Currently, Reclaim is a web app, but it works well on mobile devices too.
Key Benefits of Reclaim.ai
- Manages multiple calendars in one place while maintaining privacy.
- Distinguishes between free time and defended time slots for tasks.
- Reclaim rearranges schedules based on task urgency.
- Allows prioritization of different types of activities.
- Automatically adds decompression or travel time after meetings.
- Works with Google Calendar, Zoom, and Slack for streamlined scheduling.
- Finds and reschedules suitable meeting times automatically.
- Offers useful features with limitations on calendar sync and booking window.
You can get started free or sign up for their starter plan, which starts at $8 monthly.
Closing Thoughts: Motion is My Best Alternative to Sunsama
As I wrap up this article on "best Sunsama alternative", I want to share a final nugget with you.
After a lot of trial and error, I've landed on Motion as my go-to tool, stepping in where Sunsama left a gap. You know, finding the right productivity tool can feel a bit like searching for a needle in a haystack. But with Motion, it's like the haystack was removed altogether.
I've found that its intuitive design and smart features really align with my workflow. It's not just about tracking tasks; it's about having a system that adapts to my day-to-day changes.
And let's be real, no two days are the same for any of us, right?
So, if you're on the hunt for a Sunsama alternative, I'd say give Motion a shot. It's straightforward, user-friendly, and honestly, it just gets the job done.